Disability due to accident or illness
Social security benefits for children
- Children only receive a benefit from the 1st pillar after a serious accident. These disability insurance (IV) benefits are only available for children from the age of 18 at the earliest.
- The 2nd pillar does not make provision for any benefits.
Social security benefits for parents
- If, as a parent, your earning ability becomes partially or completely limited as a result of ill health, you will receive benefits from various social security organisations.
Benefits from the 1st and 2nd pillars
- As a parent, you are entitled to a child benefit for each child from disability insurance (IV). However, this only applies if your child is below the age of 18, or if your children are still in education and are not yet 25.
- If you are no longer able to work to the usual extent due to an accident, you will not receive a pension from UVG accident insurance. If your earning capacity is limited due to illness, you are entitled to a child benefit from the pension fund for each child. However, this only applies if your child is below the age of 18, or if your children are still in education and are not yet 25.
Please note the following
Provisions for children
- It is advisable to consider whether you require additional insurance protection for your children.
Reduction in working hours due to parenthood
- Additional insurance protection is necessary if you, as a parent, fully or partially discontinue your employment in order to raise a child. This is because the 2nd pillar wholly or partly ceases to apply.
What we offer
Swisscanto Safe flexibly provides this additional requirement for insurance protection. Thanks to this risk insurance, you will obtain additional benefits in the form of capital should something serious happen.