- for customer and user administration;
- for marketing purposes;
- for the technical administration and further development of the Swisscanto websites.
When transferring personal data via Swisscanto websites (e.g. by means of a form or email), your data is transported via the Internet, an open network accessible to everyone. Data which you communicate to us or have communicated by us by means of electronic media (e.g. email) are generally not encrypted. This involves the following specific risks:
- Even if the sender and recipient are in Switzerland, data may be transmitted abroad on an uncontrolled basis via countries whose data protection laws are not comparable to those of Switzerland.
- The identity of the sender (e.g. e-mail address) and the content of the message may be simulated or otherwise manipulated by unauthorised persons.
Electronic messages may contain malware that is executed when the message is read and may cause substantial damage. To prevent viruses we recommend using the latest versions of browsers and installing continually updated anti-virus software.
- The exchange of information may be delayed or interrupted by transmission errors, technical faults, interruptions, malfunctions, illegal interference, network overload, malicious blocking of the network by third parties, or other deficiencies.
Information on the use of Google Analytics
The website products.swisscanto.com uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and that enable an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookies about your use of this website (including your IP address) is transmitted to and stored on a Google server in the USA. Google will use this information for the purpose of analysing your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the data on Google's behalf. Google will never associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You can prevent the installation of cookies by changing the relevant setting in your browser software; however, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of this website to their full extent. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data collected about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.